[TenTec] T-T Knob Inserts

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] T-T Knob Inserts
From: <richard.arland@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:32:30 -0500 (CDT)
One of the things I absolutely HATE when trying to restore a T-T radio is the
knob inserts that are discolored. One of my students, who also colletcts coins,
said that the solution would be to put the knobs in a solution of salt water.
The salt apparently reduces the oxidization returning the insert to almost new
condx. I have tried this on some Argo 509 knobs and it seems to work. Once
treated I spray the knobs with some clear Krylon to seal the aluminum surface
and prevent any further corrosion.

73

Rich K7SZ