Re: [TenTec] Omni VI + Tuning

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI + Tuning
From: "Ariel M. Elam" <k4aal@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:18:53 -0600
Hello Paul and the list --

I had the very same problem some years ago with my VI+. It was a bad
incoder. To check this, on the circuit board behind the tuning knob
interchange the two wires going to the RIT incoder with the two wires
going to the MAIN incoder. I think the numbers were 55 & 56 on one
incoder. My memory fails me. Check the drawings or call TT. If the VI+
now tunes correctly with the RIT incoder, then the MAIN incoder is
provevn bad. Call TT for a replacement.

Good luck!

73,

Ariel, k4aal