Re: [TenTec] Airpax circuit breaker for Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax circuit breaker for Orion
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 22:48:05 -0500
Ten Tec design philosophy for radio finals is to run them full power into
any load, rather than folding back the power as SWR increases. The only
potential for damage then is if the finals draw too much current, so their
power supplies feature a current limit that protects the transistors. When
using another brand of supply, then, it is just a safety measure to include
a fast acting breaker to do what TT supplies provide internally.

=Vic=
WA4THR