Re: [TenTec] Airpax circuit breaker for Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax circuit breaker for Orion
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 22:15:05 -0600
>From the Omni VI + a piece of RG-213 about 3 ft long connected the Bird 43P
with a 250 watt slug.  The other side of the Bird had a 12" length of RG-213
connected to a Bird 50.5 ohm load or combination of  resistive loads to
produce the required Z for measurement purposes.  The SWR values were
calculated while the watt values were read on the meter.  Reactive
components were not considered as all loads are resistive to near 1GHz.

I did not do a calorimetric measurement of power into the load nor did I
consider the true source impedance of the Omni VI+ output circuit.

73
Bob, K4TAX