Re: [TenTec] Looking for a Begali Simplex Mono Key

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for a Begali Simplex Mono Key
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:03:24 -0600
I have the Simplex and the Magnetic Traveler Light.  The only difference
in feel I sense is that the spring loaded ones can be set for a heavier
feel.  Yet they can also be set very light.  I don't notice much else.
The Magnetic Traveler cannot get the heavier (harder) tension of the
Simplex.  That's sometimes a detractor for using it mobile, but I may not
have it set quite right yet.  When you're sitting in a truck seat and on
bumpy road, a light tension can really lead to confusion on the other
side of the QSO - hi!  That said, they both are very adjustable, and both
are VERY smooth operating.  Unlike some other keys I've owned, the
Begali's always "make" the first time I touch the paddle, even if it's
been weeks since I've had time to be on the air.  I can't say enough good
about them, and the price of the Simplex puts it within anyone's reach.

        73,  Duane