Re: [TenTec] Orion upgrade problem

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion upgrade problem
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:18:03 -0500
Vince,

Do a battery reset to your Orion.  With power off, hold the LCK button that
is just below the "VFOB>M" button and then power on.  Continue to hold the
button until it says "Battery failure".  At this point power off.  Now you
should be able to to power on with the "RECALL" button held to start your
firmware reinstall.  Make sure the program update is not running while you
get the Orion ready for this.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC