Re: [TenTec] Orion upgrade problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion upgrade problem
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:23:49 -0600
Hello Vince:

Double check all connections,

Use Comm port 1 if possible,  seems to be better there.  Avoid using USB to
serial adaptors,  they work but are not as reliable.

make sure no other programs are trying to use the comm port.

sometimes have to go into the hardware manager and set the comm port speed
manually.

I've also seen the error message come up, but shortly after, without
touching anyting, the firmware starts to load into the Orion.

Another trick is to try using an earlier version of the firmware loader...

Hope this helps.
Rich
K5SF