Re: [TenTec] using the D-104 on the jupiter or triton IV

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] using the D-104 on the jupiter or triton IV
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 06:09:50 -0800 (PST)
Hi Mike,
   I have used my original D104 purchased in 1958 with every rig
I've ever owned including my present Jupiter, and it has worked
just fine with all EXCEPT the Argonaut V for which the input
impedance is too low. However an amplified D104 works fine if you
don't put in too much gain from the D-104. I have everyone tell
me the Jupiter and D104 (unamplified) sounds like me. I tried a
Ten-Tec/Heil Studio One and everyone told me it sounded terrible
with way too much Bass. With he Jupiter lower cutoff set much
higher (300-600 Hz) then there were not enough highs. I sold it
and went back to the D104. I have my Jupiter set for a low cutoff
of 200 Hz and a 2.4 Khz bandwidth. BTW the Heil with an HC-4
element seems to work fine also.
73 Jim K4CGY