Re: [TenTec] SKN results.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SKN results.
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:32:28 -0600
My SKN efforts were with a Heathkit Apache TX-1 and a Hammarlund HQ-170A.
The key was J-37 {that's on the base} on a leg clamp as previously used in
the military.  I was concerned about the "modern equipment" that I was using
compared to some that were on the air.  I worked one fellow, 83 years young,
keying a 2A3 as a crystal oscillator.  He had a great fist although a bit
chirpy.

I made 8 contacts on 80 meters before "nodsville" too over and I decided it
was time to modulate the pillows.

Happy New Year to all

73
Bob, K4TAX