Re: [TenTec] Paragon brains gone

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon brains gone
From: Chas Nagel <cnagel@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:47:48 -0800 (PST)
When you turned it back on is it really on? If the 9 volt battery were dead
this should not effect operation of the radio or display, only the loss of
calendar, clock and frequency memories. Perhaps you did something to the wiring
on the inside of the power supply when removing it from service. I purchased a
reconditioned Paragon from Ten-Tec 4 or 5 months ago and operated it a
considerable time before finally purchasing a rechargeable battery. In my
opinion you should check to be certain the leads from inside the power supply
to the rig are not shorted or open, and the right voltages are present. Also
check the primary fuse (perhaps first).

  Charles, K0CW

Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net> wrote:
  I was cleaning around the shack and had the 12 VDC power removed from my
Paragon 585 (not a Paragon II) for an hour or so. When I hooked it back
up and turned on the 585, the controls are not working and the display
is not there. I have tried the RESET button on the right hand side of
the rig, and this does not fix it. I have not yet opened it up and
checked the voltage of the 9V NiCad memory battery. It has been
connected to 12 VDC power for a day now, and I would expect that battery
to have recharged by now. If that battery is dead will the radio not
work, or will there just be no memory when the radio is powered off? Are
there any other reset methods I need to try? Hold a certain button while
powering up?

Thanks DE N6KB