Re: [TenTec] LW receiver

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LW receiver
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 18:05:41 -0800
John,
What an interesting idea!  My antenna is a 204' G5RV type dipole and the
connections at the top are stainless steel eyelets for strain relief and
then soldered to the 470 ohm plastic insulated copperweld feedline which
then terminates into the stainless steel nut and washers at the SG-230 tuner
(which has been "reset" and "locked" in this receiving application).  Then a
run of 325 feet of RG-213 in underground conduit, gets it back to the shack
where it connects via a MFJ switch box to a MFJ Deluxe Versa Tuner II, which
is switched "through" and then to the ORION.  So possible dis-similiar
junction detectors exist, but would not expect to see sub harmonics produced
by such junctions...  Maybe in the presence of a strong enough signal, I
could hook up high impedance headphones to the coax and hear the station
directly.  :)

I was using my sub receiver and the 260 MHz signal showed ten over s9, while
the 1160 signal showed forty over.
73
Ron KA7U