[Orion] O2 AFSK (rear) with MicroHAM interface - bug?

To: "TenTec Group" <tentec@contesting.com>, <orion@contesting.com>,<microHAM@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Orion] O2 AFSK (rear) with MicroHAM interface - bug?
From: "Stephen M. Shearer" <wb3lgc@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 20:43:42 -0500
Second Orion II Bug?

I need to make some AF voltage measurements, but has anyone else seen the
problem (tentec group or microham group).

I am using the new O2 with a new microHAM MicroKeyer interface and was
trying to run AFSK via the rear O2 input.  If it wasn't for the death of the
old micoham USB interface, I would be able to say for sure it was the O2.

I can only drive the O2 to 50-60 watts, unless the speech processing is on.
This is with full computer and microham drive. AUX drive is at 100. AUX only
is selected.

My O1 had no problem running 100W with reduced AUX drive.  Don't ask to see
what my old O1 will do, It can't.

Side note: Mike input on the O1 needed ~40 to work, I only need 10 for full
drive with the same mike with the speech processing at the same level (6-7)
and it still sounds ok on the monitor.  Has the SP changed its level in the
O2?

MicroHAM question; are there more AF adjustments that I missed?

Orion FSK; I went the route of trying to get the FSK working.  It works just
fine with MMTTY and Writelog once I got all the com ports set correctly.  I
do need to get the AFSK working (sometime) so I can do PSK-31.  I am using
FSK with mark-high?  I got the impression from the Orion manual that mark
should be low, but then with the LSB "standard" things get reversed, I
guess.  I have made a few OSO's to be sure.  With the Orion, FSK is a much
better way to go then AFSK as the filters are dead on and don't need to
offset to work.  I am sorry I didn't try it with my O1 (I used the "if it
works, don't mess with it, approach.")...

73, Steve WB3LGC