[TenTec] Orion II - Loose mic connector threaded ring?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II - Loose mic connector threaded ring?
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:56:25 -0600
A friend received his Orion II a few weeks ago, and noted that the
threaded ring on the mic connector is "loose" - it seems to "hang there"
even though it allows you to tighten the mic (so far).  An email response
from Paul Clinton says, "It's normal."  That sounds kind of bogus to me.
I've had good experience with Paul in the past, so I'm not sure what is
going on.  Have any other O2 users noticed this?  Once the mic connector
is tightened down on it, it no longer is "loose."  I can't imagine what
could be causing this.  The 4-pin connector on my Orion does not have
this 'feature.'

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas