Re: [TenTec] 2.028 is out - error message

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.028 is out - error message
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 22:15:30 -0600
> I plugged the serial port into both computer and O2,
> installed the software into the computer, hit "process" and
> selected "install 2.028."  It begins the process only to give
> me an error message "Communication with the radio has failed."

Select COM port under "Settings".  The update program does all of the
necessary configuration of the port.  You do not need to worry about
anything but the port number.

This is the HowTo file from the original Orion.  Orion-II is the same:

--------------------------
Updating the FLASH FIRMWARE on Ten-Tec Orion

1) Turn Transceiver OFF.
2) Connect a PC to the transceiver using the appropriate cable.
3) Turn the Transceiver ON while holding down the USER2 button.
   Wait for display to indicate "Flash Update Mode"
4) Start the Update program
5) Select the COM port to which the Transceiver is attached.
6) Choose UPDATE under the PROCESS menu.
7) Select the RUF file under the Process Menu.
8) The program will update the radio and report any errors encountered.
During the update
   process the Orion screen will indicate the current line being processed.
9) If a master RESET should be done it will be indicated on the screen.