Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V Transmit Audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V Transmit Audio
From: "Brad Johnson" <aa5ch@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:39:40 -0600
I've done  some experimentation with different mics for the Argonaut V and
never been completely satisfied with its TX audio quality. Since four pin
Kenwood mics will work on some Ten Tec gear without rewiring the plug I
borrowed a friend's Kenwood MC-50 to try just yesterday. It didn't sound any
better to us than the stock hand mic. To date, the best sounding mic I've
tried has been my Heil headset with the HC-5 element. The second best was
[oddly enough] a very cheap CB mic wired for a Cobra, which apparently also
shares pin assignments with some Ten Tec gear.

I have not had mine upgraded to Version 1.08 yet.

73,

Brad
AA5CH