[TenTec] Argonaut V Transmit Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V Transmit Audio
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:38:49 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to Toby for contacting Jack B., and passing
along that info.

If the DSP is limiting at 350hz, that's what I would
call communications quality, as compared to a defect.
I experimented with the receive DSP cutoff using TS480
the other day and found it to be acceptable.

I expect that the added bass does nothing to increase
intelligibility of the SSB signal, maybe it's one way
of optimizing SSB at 20 watts?

But if you are using an external amp, then it would be
very nice to have that option.

The ARRL review said the receive -and- transmit audio
is great on AM, I'd like to hear from anyone that's
tried AM or FM. I'd hate to think the AM audio is
rolled off the same way.

Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V Transmit Audio
from [Brad Johnson]

I've done  some experimentation with different mics
for the Argonaut V and never been completely satisfied
with its TX audio quality.