[TenTec] Argo V on RTTY and PSK

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argo V on RTTY and PSK
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:21:28 EST
I've had an Argo V for almost a year now, and my good experience with it was
part of what convinced me to go for the O2.  It was updated to 1.08 by TT last
spring.

I don't operate much SSB, so the thin audio isn't a top priority for me, but
I agree that it's there, and with both the hand and desk mikes.  On RTTY and
PSK, I find that I don't need an interface unit at all.  I just use VOX and the
TT audio cable into my sound card.  It only took a few minutes to adjust the
levels, using MMTTY and DigiPan.  On CW, the Argo V is a champ.  None of the
keyer problems that the Orion series has.  Sometimes, simpler is better.  The
only thing about the Argo V keyer that needs to be mentioned is to watch out
for static discharges when plugging in keys.  I've lost two chips that way, in
the heat of battle.

I also had the O2 on RTTY last weekend using the same system.  I had to push
Aux input way up to 75, but it worked.

73,

Ray W2RS