[TenTec] ONMI VI questions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ONMI VI questions
From: lee berman <w1idz@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:58:26 -0800 (PST)
 I just became the proud owner of an OMNI VI, and have some questions for the
group.
  1.  My DSP chip is version 2.0, and the Logic chip is version 2.17.  What
does that mean in terms of available features that I don't have?
2.  Mine is a very early model and does not have the "always on" crystal oven
capability.  I know there was a modification to correct that and that the
feature was added in later rigs.  I think all I need to do is cut one trace and
run a wire from the oven to the +12 input, can anyone verify this for me?

Two small questions that may require long answers.

thank you,  ~Lee    W1IDZ

No  man on his death bed ever looked up into the eyes of his family and
  friends and said, "I wish I'd spent more time at the office".