[TenTec] Argonaut V Transmit Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V Transmit Audio
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:43:05 -0800 (PST)
Toby,

Assuming your unit shipped with 1.08, or came to you
within the
last year, you have the hardware changes. If the audio
is
"thin", then I suppose it's time to send the unit back
to get
that fixed. Check with Paul Clinton first, I'd be
interested
to hear what he has to say about that.

You need Rascal to do other things beyond the PSK
that's available between the computer sound card and
the radio?

73,
Don

Re: [TenTec] 2.028 is out - error message
from [Toby Pennington] [Permanent Link][Original]

Don,  I bought an Argo V last month and is it a really
good rig on cw and psk.  I use a Rascal Interface and
use that for computer digital modes.  The Argo V has
excellent receive audio and is not far behind the
Orion in that respect.

The only problem is the transmit SSb audio is not very
good.  I have tried several mikes without much luck,
and would like to see some improvement in this area.
The audio is very thin and has no presence at all.
The bass is totally gone with not much mid-range
either, mostly highs in the audio.

If anyone knows something that can be done to improve
the audio,  I would like to get that information
please. I am using 1.08 and I assume the hardware mod
was done as I bought the rig new last month.

Toby  W4CAK