Re: [TenTec] Omni V + VI SSB audio filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V + VI SSB audio filters
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:33:23 -0800 (PST)
Well, I just got an Omni V, 705 mic, and 761 pwr
supply. It came in Ten Tec Box with all the padding,
indistinguishable from a new radio.  In the flush of
the moment, and experiencing my first dose of Ten Tec
fever, I bought a couple of Inrad 2.8 khz filters
before even seeing/listening to the new Omni. I did
this because I had read somewhere, that it really
makes a worthwhile difference on the Omni V. When I
got the Omni, it did so much more, and sounded so much
better than I expected for my money, that I'm thinking
it's fine just the way it is!  The radio came with
slots full except one:  The CW narrow.  I ordered an
Inrad 600hz to fill the final slot on New Years day,
during Inrads New Year day sale, for $60. My prime
interest is CW. But when Band conditions are good I do
enjoy short Phone DX contacts.  So if it would make my
signal easier to copy in weak conditions, it's
probally worth it to me. Right now everyone reports my
audio as sounding great. It's my only radio, so it
needs to fantastic on CW (no problem there!) and
pretty darn good on SSB. If anyone needs the pair of
2.4 khz SSB Ten Tec filters, or would like the Inrad
2.8 khz SSB set for the bodacious fullest audio, let
me know, I could go either way at this point. I have a
shure 444, and I'll try that tip.      Randy   KE7DFP