Re: [TenTec] O2 keyer

Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2 keyer
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:35:53 -0800
Have not had an issue with the Orion keyer at all.  Last spring, when
my Orion was at TT for a minor repair and board upgrade, I fell back
upon my trusty TS-850s--also with a built in keyer.  Both use Mode B
but I found myself having the same problem--an unwanted extra dit or
dah.  It was as if the timing was just a hair different.  Knowing I'd
switch back and forth between the rigs, I did get an external keyer--
Idiom Press K-3--so that the fist would get used to just one keyer.
And of course, you get a lot more features.  So, I suppose it could
be the firmware in the O2--which will get corrected--or it could be
just enough different from what you've become used to--like me--that
you have problems.

Not a reason not to get an Orion though in my opinion,  Gary W7TEA