Re: [TenTec] Heil Pro-Set to Omni V

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Heil Pro-Set to Omni V
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:17:36 -0000
Tough question  Randy. I guess it comes down to your use. Most of my use was
contesting, so the headset was pretty much a necessity to have both hands
free for the keyboard. I ran stock ssb filters with my V, but I can see
where the Inrad filters would probably be a plus for ragchewing. FWIW, the
locals thought I sounded more "like myself" with the Omni V then the Omni
VI. Nothing wrong with the 705. For the price they are hard to beat. And if
most of your operating is ragchewing, I'd say the 705 is a good choice.

73, Mike K9MI