Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,lord_russell53@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:06:33 -0500
Randy Russe3ll wrote:

>  Currently use a Johnson Matchbox...<snip>

and

>  I'm able to get a 1:1 swr anywhere, on any band, with no baluns and
>  the lowest loss possible from a tuner on my 140 foot dipole, 600 ohm
>  open wire feed.

I am also using a 135 foot dipole  (about 25 feet high--zoning
restrictions) fed with about 35 feet of ladder line to a Johnson KW
Matchbox.

When you say "1:1, anywhere, any band", is this with your Johnson tuner
or your homebrew? If  with the Johnson, can you please give me any tips
on how you get the Johnson to work on 30 meters?

73,
Carter K8VT