Re: [TenTec] Orion II tuning questions

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II tuning questions
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:50:38 -0600
> The Orion-II does the same thing.  Spin the knob and the
> radio's keying doesn't keep up with the dit string.  I was
> using an external key (bug).

Occurred to me that it would be interesting to know whether this was really
due to processor overhead (interrupt handling, context switching, etc.) or
is maybe related to other things, such as timing delays guaranteeing the
synth has settled, etc.

The fact that a fast tuning rate causes the sweep to go into a "hold" state
leads me to believe it has something to do with system housekeeping. But
that could still be caused by factors other than raw processor (CPU/DSP)
power.

Grant/NQ5T