Re: [TenTec] Omni-D

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-D
From: Peg Haese KB9LIE <kb9lie@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:35:57 -0800 (PST)
Dutch, the Omni-D is a super radio UNLESS you operate 17 meters. I
understand there is no way to fix the spurious emissions problem. Or
maybe it's harmonics, can't remember.

I worked lots of countries on 17 before learning about this problem.
Never got a warning notice, fortunately.

Peg KB9LIE in SW Wisconsin
Omni V with Jupiter for backup

----

after watching all the pros and cons...I'll just stick with my
Omni-D...seems to be much simpler to operate...but, I may upgrade to my
Pegasus once I ever get the $ to repair it...lightning strike...

 de KU4VE (dutch) in NC