[TenTec] Paragon II external mute control

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon II external mute control
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:03:53 -1000
Hi all,

I would like to use my Paragon II as a auxiliary receiver along with my
Omni VI as the main TX/RX radio. The Paragon II has no MUTE input jack
like the Omni VI does. Is there any easy way to use the KEY OUT of the
Omni VI to mute the Paragon II during transmit? Has someone made a
simple and clean modification to a Paragon II to provide for an external
MUTE input?

Maybe instead I should use the Paragon for transmit, since it would be
simple to parallel the TX OUT from the Paragon II to both the amplifier
KEY IN and the Omni VI MUTE, perhaps using a diode or two.

This might give me an added competitive advantage, due to the slightly
higher phase noise of the Paragon II TX.....No really just kidding about
that. I would not generate QRM intentionally to gain advantage in a
contest, and if I was going to do that my old TS-440 would do a better
job of it, or I could get a Yaeclix  QRM-1000.

DE N6KB