Re: [TenTec] Still looking for Argosy accessories

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Still looking for Argosy accessories
From: Joe Malloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:37:32 -0500
Paul Valko wrote:
> I had zero responses to my shameless begging for Argosy accessories for a
> 525 I aquired a few weeks ago.
>
> Looking for noise blanker, crystal filter, and audio filter boards.
>
> Anybody got something on the shelf that needs a loving home?  Name your
> price.

Paul, there's someone who is still (I think) marketing a kit version
which is identical to the TT audio filter for the Argosy -- I'll
continue to try and find him and let you know if I do.  The crystal
filter is still available from TT (right?) so there should be someone
who has an extra one they'll sell you.  But the noise blanker: do you
have an early Argosy or one made after serial number 4** (again, I'm not
sure of the precise number) -- 'cause which NB you want depends of the
serial number.

All that hunting and gathering may take awhile but it's really worth it:
I had a new Argosy back in 1980 (but later traded it in for a new
Corsair which I don't regret) but recently acquired another one --
except for the AGC (which can be modified a bit), it's a real honey of a
little radio!  What I did was find one and then I bought a series of
them (well, 2) on Ebay with the accessories I was looking for, kept the
accessory and relisted the Argosy minus that module  -- and actually
came out ahead by a 5 or 10 bucks!  That's one way of doing it.

Have fun with yours!

73,

Joe, W2RBA