Re: [TenTec] It's on the way!

To: <na9u@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It's on the way!
From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:32:49 -0500
John,

I haven't seen the Orion II yet, but I can tell you this, from having played
with W3WH's Orion on several occasions:

The learning curve isn't that bad.  While there's still a lot of features of
the rig I'm not familiar with (and not having the opportunity to use it on a
regular basis, won't be), it only took me a few minutes to start using the
Orion the first time I sat down in front of it.  My biggest "problem" is
remembering how to adjust the internal keyer and some of the filtering, but
that comes back pretty quickly.

I've offered Bill to keep his Orion & other Ten-Tec gear company while he's
away next month (as VP2MWH) -- I'll even walk his dog! -- but alas, my work
schedule conflicts with that noble effort...