Re: [TenTec] It's on the way!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It's on the way!
From: K7wpz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:26:08 EST
Hi, all. I think I might hazard a guess as to why it was returned. I have
been licensed for about 55 years and have used or owned about every rig ever
manufactured, including building and operating most of the Heathkit "classics."

Having said that, I have had my Orion II since before Christmas and I am
still  working through all of the amazing functions and features of this
amazing
rig.  It is not for the casual operator who wants a plug and play radio.
Notice, I did  not use the derogatory phrase appliance operator because there
are
many fine  hams who only want to operate and not tinker. Obviously, The Orion
II
is not for  everybody, but, match a radio geek with this TenTec box and you
have a marriage  made in Heaven. 73 David