Re: [TenTec] Paragon II external mute control answer

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon II external mute control answer
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:14:29 -1000
Studying the manuals, I have answered my own question.
>  The Paragon II has no MUTE input jack
> like the Omni VI does. Is there any easy way to use the KEY OUT of the
> Omni VI to mute the Paragon II during transmit?
Removing the TX OUT to TX EN jumper will allow a PTT input to mute the
Paragon, without making it transmit. If the relay click is bothersome,
there is a jumper on the CONTROL BOARD with can be moved to disable the
relay. Sorry, no front panel control as on the Omni VI, to
enable/disable the relay. A PHONO plug "Y" adaptor can be used to
connect Omni VI TX OUT to both Paragon II PTT input (for muting) and
amplifier KEY IN. No need for external diodes, there is one at every
keying input already.

N6KB