Re: [TenTec] openwire feed OT

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] openwire feed OT
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 17:30:40 -0500
Well, I would not call it an antenna tuner.  It does not affect the
electrical properties of the antenna itself.  The antenna's physical
properties do not change either.  So, if at the operating frequency the
antenna has an impedance of say 500 -j3000 ohms, it will always have that
impedance.  The antenna coupler will, we hope, be able to transform this
impedance to one that the radio can link to effectively.  And that is not to
even mention the effects of the transmission line between the two.