Re: [TenTec] Orion II Reviews?-Follow up

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>,"'John Nason / NA9U'" <na9u@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Reviews?-Follow up
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:47:58 -0700
> Not sure why ancient mode is still used.  <snip>
> I assumed the version intentionally removed
> AM, why do view it as a bug?

2.028 did not intentionally remove AM.  Something likely went awry in the
transmit gain change that was made in 2.026, and regression testing missed
the fault.

As to your views on AM in general, you're entitled.  What I personally think
of those views, however, can't be stated on a "family" list.  It isn't like
every place you desire to key down is full of carriers, is it?  If you can
put up with the bands being overrun by digital robot stations, surely an
occasional carrier can be excused.

Those amateurs who insist on unreasonable control of aspects of the hobby or
modes that others (but not them) might enjoy, remind me of the mindset of
the little old ladies and other miscellaneous control freaks who run the
typical "architectural committee" in many house farms.  Same same.  It's
hard to find anything positive to say about either.

Grant/NQ5T