[TenTec] shipping

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] shipping
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:08:57 +0000
I think the package volume with UPS has gotten to the point that they have
quit trying to be real careful.  I also had a damage claim with them and I
had to go through the whole thing with sending it back to the shipper so HE
could file the claim.   nothing ever came of that.  that really bothers
me--it boils down to just taking ur chances when you ship with them.  Things
that are pretty rugged, like a mast section may be okay.  I will never again
use them for anything fragile like an oscilloscope.   I am amazed at these
hams who order these $10,000 rigs and they are shipped by UPS and they go
along with that.  I would drive across the country to get something that
delicate and expensive.    when I see a box with a big hole punched in it, I
imagine that at every UPS sorting facility there is a conveyor belt that all
the packages get funneled on to, so a big hydraulically controlled wheel
with spikes on it can come down and punch holes in all of them.  either that
or they pay someone to go around with a pick axe and randomly punch boxes.
I can't think of a serious explanation.  the package got dropped on a
wrought iron fence?  go figure.

rob / k5uj