[TenTec] 2054

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2054
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:44:04 -0500
Yes,  the core is stable with this firmware,  but operationally it is a mess.
Many of the operational features of the1.xxx firmware that were so great are
now gone,  and bugs galore for sure.  Lots of work to be done....as it is I
believe this firmware is unusable for many of us except for a few who can work
around the numerous bugs.  I won't recap or dwell on all the problems with this
release but there are many. Yes,  the sweep works better and the display is
sharper.

It has taken about 14 months to get where we are today with the 2.0 firmware,
and I am wondering where we go from here.  Does TT plan to continue to work on
this firmware,  or is this what we get for another 14 months or so, or perhaps
is all we get?  Is this going to take another three years to get fixed,  or
indeed can it be fixed,  or will the bugs and operational issues be explained
away in faq notes like what we have seen so far?

Maybe Ten Tec should take another look at the 1.xxx firmware to see if it can
be reworked to be more stable.   I personally would like to see this done as
there is not much about 2054 that is an improvement,  and in fact we are
gradually losing the fine utility of features that we had in 1.xxx firmware.

I will not respond to any comments concerning this post as I have said all I
want to about 2054.  In my opinion it should never have been released

Toby  W4CAK