Re: [TenTec] Delete smoking

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Delete smoking
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:35:12 -0600
> to keep the throat from closing up..  you have my
> sympathies..   perfume in
> public places,  mechanics spraying stuff in  the  car..

Nothing worse than an elevator after a "grand dame" or male equivalent has
gotten off.  Most perfume/cologne causes my throat to shut.  I've had more
than one unpleasant elevator experience.

For old radios, many of which come from the heyday of cigar and pipe smoking
hams, and may have a bit of aroma about them, there are suggestions that one
put them in a plastic bag with dryer softener sheets for some time to
"freshen" them up.  I hear that works.  But I'll take the
no-atropine-required cigar smell any day, especially if the cigars were
Cubanos ... :-)

To be honest, though, of the hundred+ old radios I've purchased over the
years, I can't think of more than one or two which actually had a tobacco
tar problem (it isn't the nicotine that smells) .  Mouse urine is far worse
:-)

Grant/NQ5T