[TenTec] pto on corsair lube

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] pto on corsair lube
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:37:24 -0800 (PST)
The hardest part of the PTO job is getting inside the
PTO, which for the Corsair could not be easier. You
just take off the bottom cover, remove the main knob
and front panel mounting screws, then flip the PTO box
over so the shaft points toward the back of the radio.
Lay it on a wash cloth in the back part of the radio,
don't even remove the wires. Open the PTO box and do
the work.

Anyone that hasn't been inside the PTO box needs to
know that there is a PC board inside there and any
dissolved grease or new lubricant that goes in there
drops all over that board.

The Century 21 is different, you really need to
disassemble the radio to do that job. Hard to imagine
it, but Ten Tec will still perform this service after
all these years at a reasonable rate.

Re: [TenTec] pto on corsair lube
from [bruce bennett] [Permanent Link][Original]