Re: [TenTec] Orion II wannabe

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II wannabe
From: "w3ww" <w3ww@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:28:14 -0500
HI from another Lurker............

Wow!.... that brings back bad memories. After going through a FT1000D,
FT1000MarkV and a FT1000 Field over the course of several years, I thought
to myself: "can all these radios have a receiver that overloads this easily
and is so difficult to extract only a slightly weak signal?" Well, the
answer is YES, as W2NRA points out. It took me a while to figure out what
was happening.

All the filters in the world did not put a stop it. I finally tried the Omni
VI Plus and discovered a new world existed out there on the bands. The world
seemed to expand further with my Orion.

Took me far to long to figure this out.........

73, Don W3WW