Re: [TenTec] PTO lube

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PTO lube
From: "ChasW3KC" <w3kc@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:51:14 -0500
The viscosity of the red stuff is fine for a while, but as
you suggest, it does tend to eventually dry up.  Decent
tractor lube though - where the parts get warm each time you
use the machine.
I used LubriMatic lithium grease the last time I rebuilt my
PTO and it seems to be holding up well. Mobil One synthetic
gear lube is supposedly good also, but never tried it.
73 Chas W3KC