Re: [TenTec] amp keying loop weirdness

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] amp keying loop weirdness
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:08:52 -0600
High speed I/O devices are known to be affected by capacitive loading.  Some
drive long lines better than others.  The long cable probably did it.  The
short cable fixed it.  For those making your own cables, pay attention to
the "pf per ft" numbers.  Lower is better.  Usually this is a factor not
considered to be a concern in audio cables as most drivers are quite low Z
devices.  On the other hand, inputs with a high Z will experience HF
roll-off with high capacity type cables.

73
Bob, K4TAX