[TenTec] re Orion shipping

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] re Orion shipping
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:26:10 +0000
the comments about UPS and ten tec point to the fact that the packing is a
key part of success in avoiding damage.   UPS can't be blamed all the time.
  Ten Tec and other ham businesses do enough shipping to do the packing
right.   Almost all of my damages have been the result of purchases from
individuals who were clueless about packing.   Putting a heavy fragile
instrument in a role of bubble wrap and single boxing doesn't get it.    Not
too long ago I purchased an item from a business where they took the
instrument in the mfr's store stocking box (not for shipping) and simply
placed that in a much larger box with a slip of bubble wrap and shipped it
that way with the mfr. boxed item loose inside.  It arrived with a control
knob rubbing its f.p. seating and something inside the cabinet loose and
rattling around.   I of course returned it for a refund at once.   Whoever
packed it must have been on drugs.   That fortunately for me has been a very
unusual experience and I've never had that happen with a ham vendor or
manufacturer.

rob / k5uj