Re: [TenTec] Jupiter II anybody?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter II anybody?
From: "HUGHESRO" <ROGERH@realtracs.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:35:10 -0600
Bill, Instead of ambitious maybe progressive imho. I have or had 3 TT but not
Orion, But have used on several occasions. I think that as u climb the letter
of experience in Ham Radio whatever the equipment name or type, You learn ALC,
Dsp etc. Maybe not DSP as a technical skill, but how it is used, what it does
in different situations. Hopefully what it's not suppose to do. Anyway u get
the drift. I feel after 38 years as Ham, that's it not that difficult, but more
fun to see what I can get it to do. But after 3 yrs or so watching the
reflectors esp Orion, there was a lot of frustration in many areas. I, my
opinion only, felt there was a number of users who did not understand the setup
or the operation. Thus some problems were not problems with Orion but user
malfunction. Although there were many real physical problems that have been
corrected. So to answer the question. It can be very user friendly or not. HI
HI. Owning a Jupiter now, I think as marketing ploy a Jupe 2 would
  sell like hot cakes. With various upgrading. A middle grade and would cost
less than FT 2000 or pro 3 or 4. But with internal tuner on all. I hope I made
my point. Tnxs, You folks are great here. Roger,  w4iv, tn.