[TenTec] 2591 tone

To: ericu@adelphia.net, Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2591 tone
From: "Ariel M. Elam" <k4aal@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:13:37 -0600
TenTec did make a tone unit which fit between the radio and battery,
sliding onto the radio where the battery normally goes with the battery
sliding onto the tone unit. It is dip switch programable and adds about
one inch to the height of the radio. I have no idea where one can be
found. I have one on my 2591, NOT FOR SALE. Radio requires a slight mod
if its' serial number is below about 1350.

I once had a 2591 that had a single tone Com-Spec board installed
inside. I think these sell for less than $30.00.

73,
Ariel, k4aal