Re: [TenTec] Which one ? PRO III or Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Which one ? PRO III or Orion
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:06:01 EST
Bill -

I agree totally with your comments.  Under the hood, the Orion is the
Ferrari.  Yaesu's key clicks are legendary and their stonewalling  was
inexcusable.
And as another poster mentioned, TT service is  second to none.

However, the software still ain't right after 2 1/2 years.  Each  new release
breaks things that worked fine before and we are now told that bugs  are
"traits."  That is as bad as Yaesu's key clicks.  At least I could  fix the key
clicks.  I can't fix the software.

I am a hold-out for the Noise Reduction of 1.371 - it stopped working in
1.372 and hasn't been right since.  NR in Ver2 just distorts and there are
plenty of posts still complaining about problems with the audio and other
issues
in 2.055.  As good as TT is, the software is a serious shortcoming and  there
is nothing wrong with admitting it.

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA