[TenTec] Just did some testing with ALC

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Just did some testing with ALC
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:16:11 EST
OK, I just went to the radio room, did a master reset on OII, Reset all the
menu items, and tested the radio.

With the mic gain at 100, SP 5 (or higher) NO ALC light ever even flickers.
At that time I am putting out full 100 watts (whistle in the Mic). I am even
yelling in the Mic, no ALC light.

Does anyone else have this situation?

Also, I tried the monitor. using the headphones Had to turn it up to 90 to
really hear myself well (why). At a Mic setting of 15-20 (suggested by someone)
I can't even hear myself. When I turn the Mic gain to 65 (the setting I used
to use with OI) I hear pretty good. Bottem line is the audio in Mon function is
not loud enough to really hear well enough to adjust anything very well.

What think folks?

Many Thanks for the help.
73,
Lee