[TenTec] 2005 Tx Audio

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2005 Tx Audio
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:01:57 -0500
Palle,
  Others are observing that the Tx audio is not up to par in the 2055 code.
This is logical since both the O2 and and O1 have been
programmed with the same code,  and if the O2 sounds a little puny
and not as robust,  then so will the O1.  And this does seem to be
the case with the O2. I have also received reports that the audio in
2055 does not have the robust , full sound that was in 1.xxx code.

You will still get good audio reports,  but if you make a comparison
between the 2055 code and the 1.xxx code a difference will be
noticed.

The 2055 code in the O1 is identical to the code in the O2. Except
for filter tap calculations, Noise blanker and Auto Notch in the
1.xxx code,  all the rest of the code is from the code in the O2. So,
there is a strong possibility that both rigs could have the same
issues.

In its present state, the 2.0 code for both radios is inferior to the
1.xx code in several different areas,  and TX audio is one of those
areas.

We will stay tuned and see what develops now .......Toby  W4CAK

> Hallo too the groups
>
> On my Orion 565, TX on SSB is not good, modulation nose jammed on
Heil GM5,
> Heil Pro-Set, HM-10 and GN9210, RX is ok!, and the display is nice,
i am
> going back too Version 1.372, and all is ok again, soo Ten
Tecs`software