Re: [TenTec] Great Contest Radio?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Great Contest Radio?
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:25:54 EST
Merle,
Yes, I agree all these things are real problems and need to be fixed.
I am assuming (yeah, I know what it means) that these issues will be fixed.

I love the operational aspects and the architecture of the front end...

The firmware needs work for sure, but at least the foundation is there,
unlike some other radios.

So to me it is already a great contest radio... Not complete, however!

In the last contest, I was able to just set filter to 1800, DSP BW to 1800,
passband tune to +140, and go right down the band getting almost everyone on
the first or second call. Each signal would just pop in.

The roofing filter architecture really works as I was easily able to get a
weal one right next to a 20 over 9 one.

The only other radio that I have had that came close to that is my Sherwood
Drake R-4C (which I still use)

What a great base, as long as TT accepts the other issues as problems to fix,
and gets em nailed as time goes on, I'm happy.

 73,
Lee, KC9CDT