[TenTec] Orion I disassembly note

To: 'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment' <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion I disassembly note
From: "Jim G." <radio1@provide.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:15:12 -0500
I just completed the sweep mod on my Orion I. I did a master reset,
loaded the latest software and no major problems were noted.

I did note something during disassembly I thought I should mention. I
had removed the two ribbon cables from the logic board connectors and
had just finished disconnecting the small coaxial cables when one of the
ribbon cables came out of the center backplane connector. When I checked
the other ribbon cable that was still in the mating connector I noticed
it was ready to fall out also. I had to use quite a bit of force to
reseat the ribbon cable connectors in the center backplane. It appears
they either worked their way loose or they may not have been completely
seated when the radio came from the factory. Just something to check if
you are having problems after moving or modifying your radio.

Jim / KV8W