Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII
From: "root [knesbitt]" <knesbitt@nucleus.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:35:28 -0700
Bob,
that may be true in certain circumstances, however irrespective of this,
I have found the spectrum display to be extremely effective when
watching for band openings, for example, 10m during sporadic e season,
or 20m cw late in the evening. A simple sprint to the marker and your
there.
I guess my other question to the list in general is this;
My understanding was that the new more powerful processor employed in
the O-II was going to alleviate much of the limitations associated with
the O-I architecture?
If we're dealing with an interrupt or a processor hp issue, why is this
sweep limitation not manifest in certain other [cheaper] radio's
(excluding the IC-7000 or 746Pro)?
It is my understanding that with the exception of the IC-7800, or
ft-9000abcdefg  (staying within current lines), the other offerings do
*not* employ dedicated receiver strips or A/D to service the
"pan-adapter"exclusively. What am I missing here?
Make no mistake, this is an otherwise awesome piece of communications
equipment with untouchable core performance numbers, so much so that
I've pre-paid for mine over a month ago.
I truly hope that Ten Tec carries through with their intent on bringing
out the dedicated high speed "spectrum display" module for the radio as
I'm sure this will be one thing the evil doers will focus on in the
absence of anything else to criticize.

73,
Kirb,  VE6IV

-- -- --