[TenTec] Pegasus questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus questions
From: "807" <807@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:56:26 -0500
> N4PY or Callsign software for my "new" Pegasus?  Whaddya think?

Craig, it all depends on your computer and whether you find bells and
whistles a bother.  The N4PY software will work well on about anything that
boots, and has plenty of features but stays away from the fancy stuff.
Callsign Software's HSE is excellent, has more bells and whistles than N4PY,
and is a fine addition for SWL'ing with a Pegasus, but really is hard to use
on an old and slow PC.  But both are good, and both keep getting better.

I recommend N4PY's software for general ham use, but you might not like his
subscription-style payment system.  Got both packages here, and get more use
on the ham bands out of N4PY software just because it's more intuitive with
the old T-T software front panel design.

73,

Terry, K4IQT