Re: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver BW

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Sub Receiver BW
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:40:00 -0500
Well, this is all very good info and suggests that the Orion
sub-receiver is not really all that useful as a GC SW or BC receiver, if
you really want to listen.

I've made the case to a few folk in the south that an Orion III, or an
Orion "Contest" that had two identical amateur band only receivers, like
the current primary receiver, and no sub (par) receiver would make for
an even better and more popular radio. After all, their competition all
have identical receivers these days. Besides, they could sell a lot more
filters!

I suppose if enuf folk joined me in telling them, they might do it. I
would think they would sell a lot of them!

73, Joel, W1ZR.